Applications & Registrations
1. I have already submitted the Enrollment Intention Form. Do I have to pay the enrollment deposit of $310.30 before April 15 to secure my admit?
No, there was a typo in the email sent on April 7. The April 15 date is incorrect. You have to submit the enrollment intention form and pay the enrollment deposit before June 15 if you wish to start in Fall 2020. Later dates apply if you plan to defer. Please see below.
2. Do I have to submit the CFR document by April 15? If yes, can I get an extension on this as the banks in India are closed due to the current situation.
3. If I end up deferring my admission, will my admission to a later semester be confirmed regardless of the next batch of incoming students?
4. Do I have to upload my transcripts again?
5. When will I receive my I-20/SEVIS ID?
6. How will I receive my I-20 if there is no courier service?
7. Please clarify the deferral options.
- Don’t defer – start in Fall 2020, online if necessary. Pay the enrollment deposit by June 15.
- Defer until Spring 2021. Defer by August 1. Pay the enrollment deposit by November 1.
- Defer until Fall 2021. Defer by December 15. Pay the enrollment deposit by December 15.
- Defer twice. Defer to Spring 2021 by August 1. Defer again to Fall 2021 by December 15. Pay the enrollment deposit by December 15.
(Students have a year from application submission to request a deferment, and can defer up to one year from the original admission term.)
8. If I’m unable to pay the enrollment deposit, can I still defer?
9. If a student was able to acquire a VISA, will they be able to take classes on campus or online?
10. I'm curious as to how the current covid-19 pandemic has an impact on the courses that would take place during the fall 20 semester and Spring 21 semester?
11. If Fall 20 is declared as an online class only semester, how would it impact assistantships?
12. What are CFR deadlines if I defer?
13. Do I need a CFR to start online.
14. If I choose to defer to Fall 2021 can I bring my start date forward at a later date.
1. If I start the course online for the fall 2020 semester, will I be able to switch to the on campus course in spring 2021/fall 2021? or will I have to complete the entire course online?
2. Will my degree certificate change because I completed part of the course online? Or will it remain the same?
3. What will be the fee structure for the online learning program?
The tuition/fee structure will be updated on this web site:
We are not expecting significant changes to what is posted now. They are updated each summer though.
4. What will be the process to choose a proctor? What are the requirements to be a proctor for a student?
5. Many of the courses are also offered online. So will I not have access to the complete course catalog? What are the plans for courses that require labs?
Each course instructor will decide the best way to handle course lab requirements. Some of the courses require downloadable EDA tools (e.g. ModelSim) while others require remote access to our servers to use tools. TAs will be available for remote consultation and screen sharing. None of the online courses require access to lab equipment beyond a computer.
6. I will not be able to get my CPT unless I finish 1 year on the F1 visa. If I start in fall 2020 with online learning, how will that affect my CPT? Are there any plans to change the CPT laws?
1. With the next batch of incoming students will the class/batch size increase in the Spring/Fall 2021 semester? This may affect the number of opportunities for the graduating students.
2. If I start my first semester online and then want to change my major from CE to EE, will that be possible?
3. What concentration am I admitted to?
4. Can I enroll in a second Masters degree (Dual Degree)?
We do not allow an additional MS degree if you previously have a MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or any other closely related major.
5. What are some currently online classes for Fall 2020?
CSC 505 Algorithms
ECE 511 Analog Electronics
ECE 513 Digital Signal Processing
ECE 514 Random Processes
ECE 534 Power Electronics
ECE 542 Neural Networks
ECE 549 RF Design for Wireless
ECE 550 Power System Optimization and Control
ECE 560 Embedded Systems Architectures
ECE 564 Digital ASIC Design
ECE 568 Nano Tech and Fab
ECE 570 Computer Networking
ECE 573 Internet Protocols
ECE 574 Computer and Network Security
ECE 578 LTE and 5G Communications
ECE 579 Introduction to Computer Performance Modeling
ECE 584 Electrical Power Engineering Practicum II
ECE 587 Power System Transients Analysis
ECE 592-061 Data Science
ECE 600 ECE Graduate Orientation
ECE 732 Control of Electric Machines
ECE 748 Advanced Verification with UVM
ECE 791-44 Adaptive Control