Amay J. Bandodkar
Campus Box 7911
Dr. Bandodkar joined as an assistant professor in the ECE department with affiliation to the ASSIST Center in Jan, 2021. His research interests include working at the interface of electronics, materials science, and biology to realize next-generation conformal sensors and energy devices with broad applications in wearables, implants, and distributed systems.
University of California San Diego
Indian Institute of Technology – Banaras Hindu University, Uttar Pradesh
- A Soft Wearable Microfluidic Patch with Finger-Actuated Pumps and Valves for On-Demand, Longitudinal, and Multianalyte Sweat Sensing (2022)
- A bioresorbable peripheral nerve stimulator for electronic pain block (2022)
- High performance dual-electrolyte magnesium-iodine batteries that can harmlessly resorb in the environment or in the body (2022)
- Sweat sensors break free (2022)
- Wireless, Battery-Free Implants for Electrochemical Catecholamine Sensing and Optogenetic Stimulation (2022)
- Author Correction: Recent advances in neurotechnologies with broad potential for neuroscience research (Nature Neuroscience, (2020), 23, 12, (1522-1536), 10.1038/s41593-020-00739-8) (2021)
- Catalytic effects of magnetic and conductive nanoparticles on immobilized glucose oxidase in skin sensors (2021)
- Microfluidic systems for epidermal sampling and sensing (2021)
- Soft, skin-interfaced sweat stickers for cystic fibrosis diagnosis and management (2021)
- Three-dimensional, multifunctional neural interfaces for cortical spheroids and engineered assembloids (2021)
Awards & Honors
- 2016 – MRS Graduate Student Award
- 2016 – Metrohm Young Chemist Award
- 2016 – Siebel Scholars Award
- 2015 – Interdisciplinary Research Award, UC San Diego.
- 2015 – NSF I-Corps Entrepreneurial Seed Fund, von Liebig Entrepreneurism Center.
- 2011 – Undergraduate Research Publication Award.
- 2021 – Biosensors Young Investigator Award
Bandodkar and Oralkan Receive IEEE Sensors Council Technical Achievement Award
Posted on September 16, 2022 | Filed Under: Awards
Two of our faculty members, Ömer Oralkan and Amay Bandodkar, have been awarded the Technical Achievement Award from the IEEE Sensors Council!
Here a sensor, there a sensor…
Posted on July 13, 2022 | Filed Under: Faculty
Meet some ECE faculty members who are putting sensors to use in new ways.
Dr. Amay J. Bandodkar Receives Biosensors 2021 Young Investigator Award
Posted on February 4, 2022 | Filed Under: Awards
Congratulations to Dr Amay J. Bandodkar on receiving the Biosensors 2021 Young Investigator Award!
America’s Greatest Disruptors: Amay Bandodkar
December 15, 2021
Bandodkar: Innovators Under 35
June 30, 2021