Dr. Daniele joined the faculty of North Carolina State University in August 2015. He is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, as well as the Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Daniele’s primary area of interest is the broad application of soft nanomaterials to engineer devices which monitor, mimic or augment biological function. Specific topics of research include wearable and implantable biosensors, organ-on-a-chip models, and human-machine interfaces.
2009 - BS in Materials Science & Engineering (Nanotechnology), Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
2012 - PhD in Materials Science & Engineering (Polymers), Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- NSF CAREER Award (2019)
Awards & Honors
- 2019 - NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER)
- 2015 - Jerome and Isabella Karle Distinguished Scholar, U.S. Naval Research Lab, Washington D.C.
- 2014 - NRL Postdoctoral Publication Award
- 2012-2014 - NAS National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship, U.S. Naval Research Lab, Washington D.C.
- 2011 - American Chemical Society Excellence in Graduate Polymer Research
- Cardiac Stromal Cell Patch Integrated with Engineered Microvessels Improves Recovery from Myocardial Infarction in Rats and Pigs (2020)
- Chitosan Hydrogels for Synergistic Delivery of Chemotherapeutics to Triple Negative Breast Cancer Cells and Spheroids (2020)
- Dual-Affinity Ratiometric Quenching (DARQ) Assay for the Quantification of Therapeutic Antibodies in CHO-S Cell Culture Fluids (2020)
- Editors' Choice-Critical Review-A Critical Review of Solid State Gas Sensors (2020)
- Microphysiological systems for the modeling of wound healing and evaluation of pro-healing therapies (2020)
- Modified gaphene oxide (GO) particles in peptide hydrogels: a hybrid system enabling scheduled delivery of synergistic combinations of chemotherapeutics (2020)
- Past, Present, and Future of Affinity-based Cell Separation Technologies (2020)
- Perylene-diimide-based n-type semiconductors with enhanced air and temperature stable photoconductor and transistor properties (2020)
- Photoinduced reconfiguration to control the protein-binding affinity of azobenzene-cyclized peptides (2020)
- Rheological Properties of Coordinated Physical Gelation and Chemical Crosslinking in Gelatin Methacryloyl (GelMA) Hydrogels (2020)