Engineering Building II (EB2) 2068
Campus Box 7911
Dr. Daniele joined the faculty of North Carolina State University in August 2015. He is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, as well as the Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Daniele’s primary area of interest is the engineering of microsystems which monitor, mimic or augment biological function. Specific topics of research include wearable and implantable biosensors, microphysiological systems, microfluidics, and process analytical technologies.
Materials Science & Engineering
Materials Science & Engineering
Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- Liquid Metal Coated Textiles with Autonomous Electrical Healing and Antibacterial Properties (2023)
- Molecular Engineering of Cyclic Azobenzene-Peptide Hybrid Ligands for the Purification of Human Blood Factor VIII via Photo-Affinity Chromatography (2023)
- A Low-Cost, Open Source Wireless Body Area Network for Clinical Gait Rehabilitation (2022)
- Electrospun Carbon Nanotube-Based Scaffolds Exhibit High Conductivity and Cytocompatibility for Tissue Engineering Applications (2022)
- Forabot: Automated Planktic Foraminifera Isolation and Imaging (2022)
- Real-Time Monitoring of Plant Stalk Growth Using a Flexible Printed Circuit Board Sensor (2022)
- Toward an Aptasensor for Monitoring of Tacrolimus (2022)
- Wireless Wearable Electrochemical Sensing Platform with Zero- Power Osmotic Sweat Extraction for Continuous Lactate Monitoring (2022)
- A Wearable Patch for Prolonged Sweat Lactate Harvesting and Sensing (2021)
- Engineering Next Generation Cyclized Peptide Ligands for Light-Controlled Capture and Release of Therapeutic Proteins (2021)
- NSF CAREER Award (2019)
- University Faculty Scholars (2022)
Awards & Honors
- 2020 - NC State Global Engagement Award
- 2019 - NSF Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER)
- 2015 - Jerome and Isabella Karle Distinguished Scholar, U.S. Naval Research Lab, Washington D.C.
- 2014 - NRL Postdoctoral Publication Award
- 2012-2014 - NAS National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship, U.S. Naval Research Lab, Washington D.C.
- 2011 - American Chemical Society Excellence in Graduate Polymer Research
New Initiative Aims to Put NC State at the Forefront of Viral Vector Manufacturing
Posted on March 8, 2023 | Filed Under: Research
An initiative launched by NC State University professors Stefano Menegatti and Michael Daniele brings together broad, multidisciplinary expertise from universities and industry partners across the Triangle — and will offer hands-on training …
Marshall Brain recognized with the John S. Risley Entrepreneur of the Year award
Posted on February 22, 2023 | Filed Under: Awards and Faculty
The chancellor celebrates innovation and entrepreneurship at “The Point” where Marshall Brain received the Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Chancellor’s Innovation Fund Awards Support to ECE Projects
Posted on September 9, 2022 | Filed Under: News
This year’s Chancellor’s Innovation Fund supports two ECE projects that include researching a better way to make EKGs wireless and faster COVID-19 antibody tests.
Our Wearable Future
August 23, 2022
New NC State University lab to advance fight against deadly viruses
July 28, 2022
NC researchers develop organ-on-a-chip biosensor
August 21, 2018