The ECE Atrium in Engineering Building II becomes the de facto hub for the department’s community, and plays host to everything from late-night study sessions, to robot car arena, to puppy days. It’s the first thing you see on entering the building, and gives a glimpse into the heart of ECE—and a window into the MakerSpaces!
The ECE Department goes above and beyond to be inclusive and create a community where students are able to develop academically, in addition to as individuals, ensuring that wherever your path after NC State takes you, you’re prepared for the future. We also eagerly welcome our alumni back into our halls to share their experiences with future engineers, as well as bringing their experience from industry and academia back to ensure that we are providing the necessary skills for today and tomorrow.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering has as its mission the accumulation, generation, and dissemination of knowledge in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Central to the mission is a high-quality research and educational program that benefits our students, the State of North Carolina, the nation, and the world.
Get to know us
- Top 10 in the nation in annual research expenditures
- $66,250 average starting salary
- #13 nationally in graduates hired by the top 25 companies in Silicon Valley
- +/-850 undergraduate students
- +/-$300,000 of departmental scholarships awarded
- 205 ECE intended students—11% increase in 3 years
- 30 average number of students in undergraduate classes