Lubkeman holds a PhD in electrical engineering from Purdue University with an emphasis in power systems engineering. He has a MS and BS degrees in electrical engineering, also from Purdue.
Lubkeman has more than 25 years of experience in distribution systems and automation and has been an active participant in technical development activities, resulting in more than 40 publications and 13 US patents. Hi sprevious industry experience includes working at Sensus as a senior product manager for distribution automation; at KEMA consulting in the areas of smart grid business case analysus, large-scale energy storage and renewable energy integration; and at ABB, where he was involved in the development of solutions for distribution automation and asset management. Lubkeman's prior academic experience was as an associate professor in the Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Clemson University. He is also a licensed professional engineer.
Lubkeman is currently a lead instructor with the Elecitrcal Power Systems Engineering (EPSE) Master of Science professional degree program. He also is a research faculty member associated with the NSF FREEDM Systems Center.
Purdue University, West Lafayette
Posted on May 23, 2019 | Filed Under: Power and Research
Researchers in the FREEDM Systems Center received a $3.1 million research award from the U.S. Department of Energy to advance solar energy’s role in strengthening the resilience of the U.S. electricity grid.
Posted on February 3, 2015 | Filed Under: News
Dr. Lubkeman receives this honor for contributions to power system distribution systems and Dr. Rotenberg for his contributions to the microarchitecture of high-performance and reliable microprocessors.
Posted on January 3, 2013 | Filed Under: News
DepartmentHistoryFacilitiesDiversitySpotlightEmploymentFaculty AwardsStaff AwardsGraduationVisit NEWSROOM David LubkemanJun 19, 2017 Alex Huang, Progress Energy Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Director of …
- Diesel Generator Model Parameterization for Microgrid Simulation Using Hybrid Box-Constrained Levenberg-Marquardt Algorithm (2021)
- FeederGAN: Synthetic Feeder Generation via Deep Graph Adversarial Nets (2021)
- Impact of Transients Caused by PV Transformer Energization on Active Industrial Loads (2020)
- Dynamic Adaptive Protection for Distribution Systems in Grid-Connected and Islanded Modes (2019)
- Modeling Combined Heat and Power Systems for Microgrid Applications (2018)
- An An optimal microgrid dispatch algorithm for scheduling multiple CHPs in islanding operations (2017)
- Continuation power flow analysis for PV integration studies at distribution feeders (2017)
- Cost-benefit assessment challenges for a smart distribution system: A case study (2017)
- Fault identification in distribution systems using maximum overlap wavelet decomposition (2017)
- Implementation of a distributed microgrid controller on the Resilient Information Architecture Platform for Smart Systems (RIAPS) (2017)