Dr. González Prelcic received her Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering in 2000 from the University of Vigo, Spain. She joined the faculty at NC State as an Associate Professor in 2020. She was previously an Associate Professor in the Signal Theory and Communications Department at the University of Vigo, Spain, and a Senior Research Scientist at the University of Texas at Austin (2018-2020). She was also the founding director of the Atlantic Research Center for Information and Communication Technologies (atlanTTic) at the University of Vigo (2008-2017). She is an Editor for IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. She is an elected member of the IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Technical Committee.
Her main research interests include signal processing theory and signal processing and machine learning for wireless communications: filter banks, compressive sampling and estimation, multicarrier modulation, massive MIMO, MIMO processing for millimeter-wave communication and sensing, including vehicle-to-everything (V2X), air-to-everything (A2X) and satellite MIMO communication. She is also interested in joint positioning and communication, joint sensing and communication, radar signal processing, radar and communications co-existence, multi-vehicle sensor fusion and autonomous navigation. She has published more than 80 papers in the topic of signal processing for millimeter-wave communications, including a highly cited tutorial published in the IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing.
University of Vigo, Spain
Posted on June 5, 2020 | Filed Under: Faculty
ECE is proud to announce the addition of four new members of our faculty to bolster the stellar research and teaching going on in the department—welcome to the Pack!
- Bayesian Predictive Beamforming for Vehicular Networks: A Low-Overhead Joint Radar-Communication Approach (2021)
- Deep Transfer Learning for Site-Specific Channel Estimation in Low-Resolution mmWave MIMO (2021)
- Site-Specific Online Compressive Beam Codebook Learning in mmWave Vehicular Communication (2021)
- Wideband Channel Tracking and Hybrid Precoding for mmWave MIMO Systems (2021)
- 5G V2X communication at millimeter wave: Rate maps and use cases (2020)
- Deep Learning-Based Beam Alignment in Mmwave Vehicular Networks (2020)
- Dictionary Learning for Channel Estimation in Hybrid Frequency-Selective mmWave MIMO Systems (2020)
- Leveraging Sensing at the Infrastructure for mmWave Communication (2020)
- Passive Radar at the Roadside Unit to Configure Millimeter Wave Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Links (2020)
- Spatial Channel Covariance Estimation for Hybrid Architectures Based on Tensor Decompositions (2020)