Monteith Research Center (MRC) 436
Campus Box 7911
Spyridon's research interests lie at the intersection of electronic materials, devices, packaging and circuits. In recent years, his primary focus has been on the development of high-performance wide bandgap semiconductors for high power, high frequency and sensing applications. This has included the 3-D integration of heterogeneous systems, high-power GaN packaging and power amplifier design, as well as metal oxide (e.g., ZnO, InGaZnO) thin film transistors (TFTs) for biochemical sensor applications. Further interests lie in the development of nanoscale (e.g., 2D) materials for biosensing and flexible electronics, 3D printing and aerosol jet printing for packaging at micro and mm-wave frequencies.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Imperial College London, London
- Electronic Circuits and Systems
- Microwave Devices and Circuits
- Physical Electronics, Photonics & Magnetics
- III - V Materials and Devices
- Power Electronics and Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Power Semiconductor Devices
- NSF CAREER Award (2022)
- Bennett Faculty Fellow Award (2022)
Awards & Honors
- 2015 - Young Engineer Prize, European Microwave Conference
- 2014-2016 - ORISE/AFRL Graduate Fellowship
- 2013 - EAPSI Fellowship, National Science Foundation
- 2011 - 1st Prize, Smart Grid Challenge, General Electric
- 2010 - Nick Battersby Prize for "Excellence in Analogue Electronics", Imperial College London
- 2010 - Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, ECE, Georgia Tech
Researchers Demonstrate New, More Energy-Efficient Devices Using Gallium Nitride
Posted on September 8, 2022 | Filed Under: News
Engineering researchers have created new high-power electronic devices that are more energy efficient than previous technologies.
Dr. Spyros Pavlidis Receives the 2021-22 R. Ray Bennett Faculty Fellow Award
Posted on June 3, 2022 | Filed Under: Awards
Congratulations to Pavlidis for receiving the R. Ray Bennett Faculty Fellow Award!
Wenyuan Tang and Spyridon Pavlidis Receive NSF CAREER Award
Posted on January 31, 2022 | Filed Under: Awards
Congratulations to Dr. Tang and Dr. Pavlidis for receiving prestigious NSF CAREER Awards for their work on electricity market design and ultra-wide bandgap devices.